1. What is covered in this policy?
The “Service”, “Kanbana” or “Kanbana Service” is a mobile and/or web based application designed to help people manage their personal to-do list, or any list of items that needs to be completed. When we refer to “Homestake Digital” "we," or "us", in this Policy we mean Homestake Digital LLC which owns and manages Kanbana and controls the information we collect when you use the Service.
2. What information do we collect about you?
We collect any information you provide directly to us and automatically collect any information you provide when using the Service, as further described below.
2.1. Information you provided directly
- Account Information: When you create an Account we may collect your e-mail and password to serve as your credentials to sign-in and use the Service. Alternatively, we may use a third party authentication service where you use your Apple, Facebook or Google other other credentials to access your account. For premium subscribers, we may use a third party service such as the Apple App Store or Stripe for payment services.
- User Content: For Account holders that use our Service we collect and store the content that you provide including board, column and task data.
- Customer Support Data: Our Service includes chat and e-mail customer support. We collect and store any information that you voluntarily provide to a customer support representative including text, screenshots, screen recordings or video recordings.
2.2. Information collected automatically
When you use the Service the following information is collected automatically:
- Timestamps: When you create, update or delete a board, column, task or any other item we collect the date and time.
- Usage tracking: collect information about your navigation and actions you take when using the Service. For example, selecting the purchase button is tracked irrespective of whether the purchase is completed.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your device model, operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages and device identifiers. If you are using the mobile app and the app crashes we collect crash data as well.
3. How do we use information we collect?
- Account information: For account holders your email or third party authentication credentials acts as your primary identifier that is used when signing in to the Service on a new device. Your email may also be used to communicate in cases where you initiate the conversation with us.
- User Content: Board, column and task content is your own private content and is never analyzed or mined in any way. User content is stored so that it is available for the user to access while using the Service and to synchronize data across devices. The number of accounts, boards, columns and tasks and when they are created acts as data for aggregated KPI’s.
- Customer Support Data: support data is primarily used for solving problems but as this also acts as a channel for customer feedback the data collected may be used to better understand users needs.
- Timestamps: Timestamps are collected in order to make the data synchronization mechanism work.
- Usage Tracking: We track how the Service is used to identify user behavior trends to help us optimize the Service going forward.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect device and connection information for several purposes. Since users that do not have a Premium Subscription may only use the Service on a single device, we identify each device in order to manage this restriction. Device information also helps us provide effective customer support since technical issues can be device dependent. Finally device information is collected any time the Service crashes for the purpose of finding the root cause and fixing the underlying problem.
- Cookies: Cookies are used to provide tracking, support functionality and to act as an identifier across different devices.
4. Do we share information we collect?
Yes, we use certain third party services for tracking subscription and storing user data, error monitoring and customer support. The sharing of information will be limited to these third party service providers and we will not provide information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
5. How do we store and secure information we collect?
5.1. How we store and secure data
We use a third party hosting service to store the information we collect and secure your data. We use SSL when communicating between systems in order to increase communication security and hash passwords before they are persisted to minimize the risk of revealing a password to anyone but the user.
5.2. How we restrict access to data
Only a few designated people at Homestake Digital have access to the databases and would only access User Content after first obtaining the users explicit consent. This can be relevant in special support cases where the User Content is part of problem solving.
5.3. How long we keep data
We will store your data until you explicitly request that it be deleted. When you delete boards, columns or tasks we soft delete these items so that they are out of sight but in order to provide the ability to restore deleted items we still keep a record of deleted items.
6. How to access your information?
You have the right to request a copy of your information or have it deleted. To do so please contact us through the normal support channels or write an e-mail to email@example.com and we will fulfill the request within a reasonable timeframe.
7. Other relevant information
7.2. Contact Us
Your information is controlled by Homestake Digital LLC. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Homestake Digital LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org